Thursday, April 7, 2011

Banquo's Thoughts: An Interview, Plus a Little Bit of Swearing

I swear I'd never take orders for a blog post. Besides toning down my original message (see my first blog post, which contained profanity) on the orders of Ms. Young, all of my blog posts have been my thoughts, original and unadulterated.

Now, I have to take orders: the powers that be want everyone to write a blog about their feature pieces. I don't want to do it. But I have to.

Sorry everybody, but I think a little bit of angry swearing is in order.

"%$#! *&^*^% &$@#!!"

Now, let me take you, begrudgingly, into the world of Mark Miller, my interviewee. Mark is the editor of the Texas Tribune, a nonpartisan, non-for-profit news organization that makes information valuable to the public available on its free website. I spoke to him about his career in journalism (he has worked at Newsweek, writing about Bill Clinton, OJ Simpson, and 9/11) and the state of public affairs in Texas. We also spoke about the future of journalism and how news organizations have struggled to succeed in a digital age.

I conducted the interview by Email because Mark was on a business trip. I got a lot of good information out of him that will factor well into my feature piece.

Congratulations, powers that be- you just made me take orders. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Sincerely,

An irked Banquo


An accurate expression of how angry I am


2 comments:

  1. That's a nice expression....

    ~KG

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts exactly when I had to post my own interview blog. But I mean hey, why not? By the way, love the Samuel Jackson photo.

    -Juumbie

    ReplyDelete