Thursday, March 31, 2011

Some things I missed...

My last post on the likely 2012 Republican candidates was incomplete. First of all, my post came before the revelation that Tea Party stalwart Michele Bachmann was considering running for president. Though I don't think she will preform very well at the polls, it is my duty to evaluate her along with the rest of the candidates. So, here we go.

Michele Bachmann
Pros: Feisty, well-known legislator from America's heartland. Tea Party members love her.
Cons: All hail Palin 2.0- more sound bites, more gaffes, and more "Obama is a socalist" mumbo jumbo.
Chances of Winning Primary: She has a bit of a shot in Iowa. However, I would put her chances at less than one percent.

Also missing from my previous post is former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum.

Rick Santorum
Pros: Popular with right wingers.
Cons: Low name recognition.
Chances of Winning Primary: He's a dark horse candidate, with a lot of appeal but very little capital.

Santorum
-Banquo

No comments:

Post a Comment