Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Banquo's Thoughts: An Overview of Mike Huckabee's Recent Gaffes

Ah, Mike Huckabee. So humble. So popular. So very,very stupid. The former governor of Arkansas and professional Republican demogogue is exhibiting Palin-levels of stupidy, stating erroneously that President Obama grew up in Kenya and blasting actress Natalie Portman for her out of wedlock pregnancy. Isn't this guy supposed to be the GOP front-runner or something? Huckabee, who leads the polls in the important states of South Carolina and Iowa, accused Obama of viewing the British as "a bunch of imperialists" due to his Kenyan upbringing. Later in that same interview, Huckabee falsly stated that Obama had returned a bust of famed British leader Winston Churchill to the British. While Huckabee skillfully paints a picture of Obama as a violent, angry Kenyan rebel, he neglects several important facts. Firstly, Obama was born and raised in the sunny state of Hawaii. Later, he followed his mother and her new husband to the Philippines. Obama never visited his father in Kenya- in fact, his first visit to Kenya was as a young man.

So, Mr. Huckabee, I think my disbelief for your pure and unrelenting idiocy can be expressed in a simple three word phrase- however, this blog is for a class at school. So, I will close this entry on a different note. Right now, Huckabee is viewed as the GOP frontrunner by many in his party. I really don't get how Republicans think that an insensitive moron like that could ever be elected in this country- frankly, I'm suprised he ever was elected in Arkansas.

-Banquo

3 comments:

  1. Banquo,

    Your hatred for Mike Huckabee is unwarrented. Cease your consumption of so much Haterade, and make peace with the world.

    --
    Quaver from Auxiliary Cable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your argument about Mr. Huckabee is interesting, but I hardly believe that Mr. Huckabee is as outrageous as you suggest. First of all, has it ever been definitively proven that Obama grew up somewhere else besides Kenya? Reportedly, he spent time in Indonesia (not the Phillipines, please do get your facts straight before you go maligning the reputation of an innocent man), but we have no way of knowing where he really went during that time. I'm sure a governor has more resources and research than an average high schooler such as yourself. I feel that you have an interesting viewpoint, but I also feel that your angry post about Mr. Huckabee is not supported by factual evidence.

    This was a good post, but lacked facts or links to articles which back you up. It also lacked an interesting image to draw in the reader. I would recommend that you insert these into your posts to make them even more fascinating.

    -Ishaan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for correcting me on my erroneous statement that Obama was raised partially in the Phillipines. I meant to say Indonesia, but I pulled a Huckabee and mispoke. First of all, while Huckabee does have more resources than I, he is still somewhat uninformed for a nominee. I recall that, during the 2008 election, he stated that Mormons believe that "Jesus and the Devil are brothers." Huckabee has also suggested that AIDS victims be quarantined, and pardoned a man, Maurice Clemmons, because of his christian beliefs. Clemmons went on to kill four cops in the Seattle area.

    I agree that some of my hatred for Huckabee is unwarranted. However, while he's maybe not as klutzy as Sarah Palin, he's definitely got some problems associated with his public speaking.

    I enjoy this flame war and hope it continues after this post.

    ReplyDelete